Saturday, March 16, 2013

Front Door Paint Color - Behr's Evening Symphony

Front Door Color - Behr's Evening Symphony -PMD-64


Are you looking for a great front door paint color? I recently did a home staging consultation here in Jacksonville, Florida. When I make recommendations to home sellers in my home staging report, I also suggest paint colors. Faith and Bill, the home owners, wanted paint colors for the entire interior to help capture some buyer's heart.  I'll share the "befores" and "afters" with you  when I return to the home for the final "staging tweaking".

As  I was leaving, Faith asked me if the front door color she had chosen was acceptable.  She had visited England and fallen in love with all of the blue front doors she saw.  After searching for just the right blue she wanted, she selected Behr's Evening Symphony, #PMD-64 in a high gloss finish. Was this the right choice? Absolutely!

I looked at the entire body and roof of the house and saw lots of orange in the roof and the brick.  Blue is the opposite of orange and provides a lovely contrast.  To really pop the color, Faith used a high-gloss finish.  

Orange in the Roof and Brick

I suggested that Faith and Bill place a terra-cotta colored pot with flowers on each side of the doors for additional "bling". That buyer's first impression is so important. If you were looking for a beautiful well-kept home, wouldn't this exterior beckon you to see the inside?  

Behr's Evening Symphony Pairs Nicely With the Orange Roof

If you need help selecting paint colors for living in or selling your home, I'd love to help.  Contact me today so we can get the right "hue" for or your buyer!





6 comments:

Meredith Stalone said...

I really love the color of your front door. I never thought that kind of color could blend well with your exterior paint. Very elegant. Thanks for sharing your masterpiece!

Green Your Home

Mary said...

Many times using the right shade of the opposite color of the body of the house will yield beautiful results on the front door. Using a semi-gloss or satin finish on the door will really make it pop.
Thanks for your comment, Meredith. I appreciate your interest.

Darla Hemphill said...

I love, love, love the blue door with the white surround. Sharp! Classic!


quality door

Mary said...

Darla, thanks for commenting. The trim paint color is a cream color. Sorry, I don't know the name of it.

into a link said...

This is a good article and offer some helpful information for me,thank you!

Mary said...

I am glad you found it helpful.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...