Saturday, December 31, 2011

Make a Resolution to Read These Quotes





Have you thought about what your new year’s resolutions are going to be for 2012? Ever read any quotations in hopes of getting ideas?  Today I’m sharing some of my favorite words of wisdom from one of my Pinterest boards called “Wordy Wisdom”.

Pinterest is a site which is basically a collection  of everything imaginable that people find  on the Internet and post. Every one of these quotes really made me stop and think how true each one is.  Which ones will affect your resolutions for next year?

image
weheartit.com

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             
I think I’m going to try to enjoy the ride better.  Life is too short to make yourself crazy!  Take it one day at a time.


image


Yes, sometimes when you are  adamant about a belief or an issue, you are not very popular. You are forced to choose between popularity and your values.  Are you going to work on honoring your values or being popular?


image


If you have  courage combined with  a good sense of humor and imagination, that roller coaster ride should be a breeze.


image
Christie Williams

How is your “people account”?  Do you have individuals in your life who are constantly draining you rather than supporting you?  Only you can balance that account! 



image

How many times have you said, “She or he  belittled me or upset me?” Maybe 2012 is a good year to read a book on assertiveness or how to handle people who try to intimidate you. Sharpen those communication skills!    


image

Beautifully said.   How many of us beat ourselves up  by constantly worrying about the consequences of our mistakes?  Learn to forgive yourself because mistakes can help you grow and succeed if you learn from them. 


image
erindavenport.tumblr.com
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Your thoughts will make or break you.  I am currently reading a motivational book by Joyce Meyer called Living Beyond Your Feelings.  Joyce talks a lot about how powerful your thoughts are.  Negative thoughts can stop you from  keeping resolutions and realizing success. I highly recommend this book if you need to work on thinking positively.  



image
imgfave.com
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    

When you end up in the right place after making the wrong choice, you know there is a Higher Being watching over you.  I look back at several careers I had which were not the right match for me.  However, the experience I gained in those jobs helped me get to the job that was perfect for me.  Sometimes, things have a way of working themselves out despite a poor decision.  All it takes is a little patience and adaptability.  


image
emilymcdowell.posterous.com
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         
   
Understand who you are and what makes you tick.  You will never be happy if you try to be something that you’re not.  What makes us different is what makes us great. Maybe it’s time to make an investment in yourself and  try a life coach.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   
I hope you found some inspiration from these quotes and that your resolutions for next year will enable you to become  a better person. 

Thanks for reading my blog. I really enjoy writing about decorating, paint colors, and home staging so I  hope one of your resolutions for 2012 will be to continue to follow my posts.  Stay on that roller coaster with me!  Wishing all of you a happy, healthy, prosperous new year.

1 comments:

Linda Leyble said...

Great post Mary. I think that all of those quotes are great reminders of things we all need to improve in 2012. I will take one at a time and see how I do. I love the one about putting your mistakes at your feet and stepping on them to gain a better perspective. Wonderful!

Have a Happy New Year!

Linda

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...