Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

image
A Thanksgiving Tablescape - Source
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Just wanted to take this opportunity to wish all of you and your family and friends a Happy Thanksgiving.  I thank everyone worldwide who reads my blog.  I’m amazed at all of the translations of my posts every time I browse my statistics.  Isn’t it a wonderful thing that we can communicate so quickly through the Internet ?  As a computer junkie, I can truly say that I am thankful for the Internet.

I’m also thankful that my journey in life has taken me from being a teacher to being a human resources manager and finally  ( who woulda thunK?) to being a home stager/paint color consultant/ interior decorator and blogger.  Who knows where I may go from here?  You know what they say, “When one door closes, another one opens.”  I have had so many wonderful experiences and met so many interesting people along the way for which I am also thankful.  Thanksgiving Day will definitely be a day of reflection for me as I hope it will be for you, too.

Last year in honor of this holiday, I posted a Thanksgiving poem, but this year I thought I’d add a little humor  with some funny Thanksgiving quotes.  I hope you enjoy them. 


                                                                                     Source
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        

“Most turkeys taste better the day after; my mother’s turkey tasted better the day before!” ~ Rita Rudner  

“Thanksgiving is America’s national chow-down feast, the one occasion each year when gluttony becomes a patriotic duty.” ~ Michael Drisser  
  
“An optimist is a person who starts a new diet on Thanksgiving Day!”  ~ Irv Kupcinet

“You can tell you ate too much for Thanksgiving when you have to let your bathrobe out!” ~ Jay Leno

“This is an emotional holiday.  People travel thousands of miles to be with people they only see once a year and then discover once a year is too often!” ~ Johnny Carson

And the best…

My cooking is so bad my kids thought Thanksgiving was to commemorate Pearl Harbor!” ~ Phyllis Diller

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...