Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Decorating With Picture Frames–Yes or No ?

Frame Titel - withinshades ofgreyexistsaplace.blogspot
Within Shades of Grey Blog

One of  my favorite trends right now is using picture frames to accessorize a room.  Take a look at some of these ideas and leave me a comment as to whether you would incorporate any of them into your decorating schemes.



Frme 3 - theedge of blue blog
The Edge of Blue Blog


In this picture, colorful frames are layered on the fireplace mantel as well as the shelves and even on the floor – another great way to add a pop of color into a room.  Look for these frames at places like Hobby Lobby, Michael's and local thrift shops.  Get out your spray paint and  unleash your creativity.

Frame #6 Style at Home
Style at Home

Of course, to make a great statement, frame words or letters and add an assortment of frames that are empty to make a collection.   Would the frames look better in a wood tone or do  you like them in white?  I would prefer the wood tones in the color of the lamp base to rhythm that color more.


Frame #4 - decoratingdiningroom.info
Decoratingdiningroom.info


If you are artistic , you could paint an image on the wall or use vinyl graphics and frame most of it to create your own picture.  What makes this interesting is that the tree appears to be growing outside of the frame.


Frame # 6 Home Accessories DIY Photo Frame
Home Accessories DIY - Photo Frame

Now if you just happen to have a large picture frame and a short bench, look what you can create.  You’ve created your own real life picture and created a place to display your accessories.  This is definitely on my ”to do “  list for a customer who wants something really different.   

 
Frame #7 - Home AccessoriesDIY Photo Frame
Home Accessories DIY - Photo Frame

How about  placing a  picture frame near your mudroom door and hanging your keys inside the frame?  Don’t think you will be forgetting them, do you?


Frame #8 - Mitzi's collectibles
Mitzi's Collectibles  


Frame #9  - HGTV
HGTV

Last but not least, why stop on the walls?  Use a picture frame to emphasize your chandelier or create ceiling jewelry with an assortment of frames nailed to the ceiling.  Your guests will surely remember your home.

7 comments:

Donna said...

Hi There! I am so glad you found my blog - now I found yours! I grabbed your button for my blog because I want to spend a lot of time here. I love picture frames and decorating with them. I would love to be doing what you are doing. I am following your blog too. Enough of writing - I want to visit the rest of your blog. I also posted it to My Life.'s face book page so others can find your blog. Donna

Mary said...

Thanks, Donna, for taking the time to follow me and leave a comment. I love decorating with frames - adds such a different touch.

Carla said...

Love your blog! Lots of great techniques... I was an Interior Designer in Seattle, Wa for about ten years in the 90's until my life was redirected... as I said... love your ideas and techniques!!

Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest

Mary said...

Carla,
Thanks so much for your comments. I am honored that you like my blog. Trying to post weekly. Right now I'm in the middle of several projects. Hope to post again next week.

Paula Robinson said...

I am now feeling like I have a major lack of frames in my house.

Thanks for finding me! Now following you!

Paula
Realhousewifeofsingapore.blogspot.com

Mary said...

Paula,

Thanks for following me and leaving a comment. I think the cool thing about frames is that they can add color, dimension and texture. Have fun with them!

Aria Sullivan said...

Wow, you have so many great ideas here! I recently bought some fine picture frames and I haven't been able to figure out what to do with them. I love your idea of putting them on the ceiling: your example looks gorgeous. Thanks so much for posting!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...